PROJECT MANAGER POSITION OPEN
McDermott Associates Careers:
At McDermott Associates, we believe that excellence in design goes beyond space plans and finish selections. Great design is achieved in a workspace when the end result is a true reflection of the character, culture and needs of the occupants. We currently have an opportunity for a dynamic, self-motivated and highly organized Project Manager.
From site analysis to building completion, our project managers oversee many elements of the design and construction processes. Part of this groundwork includes developing, organizing and reviewing construction documents in AutoCAD; reviewing shop drawings, project submittals, etc. for document compliance; studying, evaluating and documenting code requirements; communicating and coordinating with management, clients, consultants and contractors related to daily business operations.
- Proven ability to prioritize time in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively in presentations and in writing.
- Strong ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision.
- Detail orientated leadership, management and organizational skills.
- Creative problem solving ability and aptitude for designing and detailing complex interior elements with a high level of architectural and building construction knowledge.
- Proclivity for working well under pressure, managing and prioritizing multiple projects and ability to adjust work accordingly, often under tight deadlines.
- Effective communication skills when collaborating with senior management, external clients and vendors as well as when delegating project tasks to support staff.
- Ability to manage and collaborate with MEP and Structural Engineers to produce coordinated drawings for permit, bid and construction.
Education and Training:
- College Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 2+ years of Tenant Improvement (TI) experience - must provide BOMA samples
- Fluency in AutoCAD 2013
- Revit experience desirable
- Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Publisher, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Knowledge and experience with architectural and interior standards, construction detailing, building codes and specification writing.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org